Are you ready for Super Bowl Sunday? If your answer is no, don’t worry – you still have some time. Rather than disappoint your guests with chips and salsa and a takeout pizza, make your own game winning appetizers that will have your friends cheering for more.
Living outside of Philly, cheesesteaks are a must at all sporting events and parties. But making cheesesteaks for 20+ people can be time consuming and costly. Philly Cheesesteak Peppers, on the other hand, are bite size, low carb, inexpensive, and super easy to make. Talk about a win, win, win, and WIN! This recipe makes 30 mini stuffed peppers in just 20 minutes for only $17.50. If you want to break it down by CPP (cost per pepper), you’re spending less than 60 cents per delicious app.
Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
15 mini sweet peppers
Half small onion, chopped
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
14 oz shaved beef steak
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. sea salt
2 oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Halve mini sweet peppers, removing seeds.
2. In a large fry pan, sauté over medium high heat chopped onions and minced garlic for 2-3 minutes. Add in shaved beef steak and cook until there is no pink, approximately 5 minutes. Add in garlic powder, oregano, pepper and salt. Turn off heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
3. Once steak has slightly cooled, add in 2 oz of cream cheese by the teaspoon. Stir until blended.
4. Add meet and cream cheese mixture to halved peppers on a sheet tray. Top with mozzarella cheese.
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until mozzarella cheese is melted and golden.
If you’re not the biggest fan of peppers or cheesesteaks (but really, who isn’t a fan!?) here are a few more of my favorite game day appetizers that will make you the MVP at this year’s Super Bowl Party.
Honey BBQ Wings: These wings are Nick’s favorite! I love to make ours in the Air Fryer for faster cook time and a little more crunch!
Buffalo Cauliflower Wings: Another healthy alternative to traditional buffalo wings are cauliflower wings to please your vegetarian friends or those watching their waistline.
Pepperoni Pizza Dip: Skip pizza takeout and make this easy and inexpensive pizza dip.
Spinach Artichoke Dip: It’s creamy. It’s cheesy. It’s delicious and always a fan favorite dip.
Sheet Pan Nachos: Need I say more? Nachos are pretty much crack at any football party.