Whether you’re the host of the party or heading to a picnic, don’t skimp out on a dessert that “wows” your friends and family. I know it’s easy to run to the grocery store and buy a container of pre-made cookies or cake and call it a day, but making a dessert doesn’t have to be difficult and time consuming either!
For the master bakers or the newbies in the kitchen, I’ve shared five simple recipes that all require 5-ingredients or less to make. Bonus: They are all red-white-and-blue themed to get you in the holiday spirit.
One of my favorite, simple sweet treats to make and bring to a party or gathering is homemade chocolate bark. Not only is it easy to make, but you can play with the recipe and make it your own, depending on the occasion. Plus, homemade chocolate bark makes a great party favor or even an inexpensive hostess gift option.
This patriotic chocolate bark is a fan favorite, thanks to the addition of salty pretzels and m&m candies. Ready in under 30 minutes with zero cook time, you can make it while you’re getting ready – Just set it and forget it!
Patriotic Chocolate Bark
24 oz. white chocolate morsels
1 cup patriotic m&m candies
1 cup salted pretzels, crushed
Red, white and blue sprinkles
Peanut or Caramel m&m candies
1. Begin prepping all toppings – crush salted pretzels, measure out m&m candies, and gather any other ingredients you want on the chocolate bark.
2. Put chocolate chips in microwavable bowl and begin melting chocolate, stirring every :30 seconds. Chocolate should be melted after 2-3 minutes depending on heat level. Always stop after :30 seconds to stir so it doesn’t burn on the bottom of the bowl.
3. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a rubber spatula, pour melted chocolate on the baking sheet, spreading thin so it is about 1/4 inch thick.
4. Add crushed toppings and candies onto the melted chocolate, pressing down so they stick.
5. Refrigerate for 20 minutes. Once hardened, break apart and enjoy!
If chocolate bark isn’t for you, check out these other 5-ingredient or less patriotic recipes!
Since Memorial Day is the unofficial start of summer, these Strawberry S’mores are perfect for any picnic or BBQ. I mean, what’s more summery than strawberries and a classic s’more!
Flag cakes are an absolute favorite to make for Memorial Day and 4th of July. But sometimes having to cut the cake and serve people is too messy for an outdoor picnic. This easy Fruit Tart Cake lets you grab and go the treat you want, without the hassle of a knife and fork.
Another easy, healthy option are these adorable Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries. I love how unique this idea is and I personally can never turn down cheesecake!
Rice crispy treats are always a dessert winner, for kids and adults alike, And to be honest, I would have never thought to dip rice crispy treats in chocolate and decorate them with sprinkles. If you want to get a little more patriotic, decorate the bars with blue or red sprinkles, then arrange into the shape of an American Flag.
Do you have any easy Memorial Day desserts you make? I’d love to hear them in the comments below.
Wishing everyone a happy and safe Memorial Day weekend!