I swear, the first day of October sneaks up on me every year. And like clockwork, I quickly grab all my flannel, every down vests I own and buy some fresh apple cider at the farmer’s market waiting for the weather to drop (today was still 80 degrees in Pennsylvania!) There’s a lot going on this month, plus our big trip (more details coming soon), but I’m still determined to get these chores and fun activities done before we leave.
Here’s a glimpse at my to do list:
- Decorate for fall: I LOVE fall. It’s my favorite season of the year and for the first time ever, I have a real home that I can decorate. Most importantly, a front porch! I’ve been dreaming of decorating our blank canvas of a porch, overflowing with white and orange pumpkins, rich mums and cornstalks.
- DIY a wreath: I don’t understand why wreaths are so expensive? I walk around Pier One ooo-ing and ahh-ing at all the beautiful fall wreaths, disappointed by the $50+ price tag. Even Target seemed to let me down this year with $30-$40 wreaths. While I am not the craftiest of individuals, my plan is to DIY a wreath to complete my fall porch dreams. Wish me luck!
- Start listening to podcasts: I know I am a little late to the game, but I’m dying to get into podcasts. I’ve been compiling a list of suggested podcasts for months from coworkers and friends but never seem to find time. My goal is to start listening to short podcasts on my way to work to prep my mind for the day. Any podcast recommendations?
- Touch-up our dining room table: Our dining room table was the first piece of furniture I ever purchased for my adult life. Refinished by a family friend, white legs and a dark stained wood table top makes it the Joanna Gaines style table of my dreams (and something I will never get rid of.) Yet, after 3 moves across Pennsylvania, this table has seen better days. This month I’m hoping to freshen it up with new paint and a little Old English. Stay tuned for pictures!
- Clean our guest bedroom: We’ve lived in this house for a short 7 months and we still have unpacking to do. Our guest bedroom has become a catch all for bags, boxes and summer clothes waiting to find a permanent home. Nothing a few storage containers and organization hacks can’t fix!
Download your own to do list and start planning your fab five goals, activities, chores and projects you want to accomplish this month! Share your lists with me in the comments below!